Friday, March 25, 2011

Day 7 and Day 8 and ????

Although one of my strengths is to think strategically, by no means am I a methodical thinker.  Nor do I process step-by-step, line-by-line. You can imagine therefore, that my study of God's Word isn't methodical either. However, hear what I'm not saying; a well-mapped out approach to reading/studying the Bible offers a comprehensive understanding of the written word of God and it's good. It's necessary to accurately understand and explain the word of Truth (II Timothy 2:15).  I often require myself to read and study in that way but it's laborious for me.  It feels like a chore (not all bad), it's personally counter-intuitive.  All of that to say, for those who may be following my 21 day journey,  I did not skip Day 7 or Day 8, etc. but I'm off on a search in Scripture about "the good way" and I'm collecting a list of verses, definitions if you will, to "the ancient paths and the good way" as mentioned in Jeremiah 6:16.  It's imperative to interrupt Scripture with  Scripture so that's where I am, "standing at the crossroads and looking."  Stay tuned for that list ....

No comments:

Post a Comment