Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Day 6 - The Path that Leads to Life

Jeremiah 6:16
(New American Standard)

“Thus says the LORD, Stand by the ways and see and
ask for the ancient paths, where the good way is, and walk in it;
 and you will find rest for your souls …”

You may have noticed by now that I love to read the same scripture in multiple versions. I find that helps me get my heart and head around its meaning.  So, as I meditate on Jeremiah 6:16, I’m compelled to know what the ancient paths are and what the good way is. There are many places where God talks about paths, and a way and more.  I read a number of them and landed on Psalm 16:11 that are referred to in the New Testament, in Acts 2:28. King David asks to be shown the path of life as found in the presence of the Lord where there is joy and pleasure. Fullness of joy and pleasures forevermore. A place where I will be “enraptured with joy.”  Is it possible, Lord?  There’s no doubt YOU can diffuse my soul with joy as the Amplified Bible puts it (Acts 2:28) but then why do I all too often miss it? Is it my unbelief?  My sense of hurry?  Have I have filled myself up with so many other idols that there just isn’t room for You, for the joy and pleasure you offer?  I’d be a fool to not show up for such an offer.  Show me the path, the road, the way of living that leads me to you where your offer is sure and life, true life, can be had.

I asked the Lord for salvation for those in my life who don’t seem to know Jesus personally.  I prayed Psalm 16:11 for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment