Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day 11 - Some Days Are Like That

I spent time with God today and it was good. 

I continued my reading in Jeremiah and read some amazing verses but nothing was sticking to my insides. Nothing seem to soothe my soul. I mostly prayed. Listening and talking.  More like thinking.

I'm grieving and full of sadness for my husband who has lost his teaching buddy, Beth who from my perspective left this earth too soon.  She has two young sons and a husband who loves her.  I'm grieving for Grant and Conner and Pat and for those dear middle school students who loved Mrs. Donghia. And don't seem to know Mr. Jameson without her. 

God's ways are not are ways, His ways are higher than our ways (Isaiah 55:8) so I trust. 

And then there's my almost 83 year old mother whose body no longer functions independently.  At all. The dear woman lost her ability to feed herself a few weeks ago. It was the only function she had left.  It's gone now.  She and I have lost the ability to talk on the phone.  So sad. Mother is an aging woman begging Jesus to "call her home."  He is silent.  At least, for now.

Beth had to leave, mom has to stay.  His ways are not our ways, they are higher than our ways.  I need to trust.

I'm tired and my heart is aching for those I love that seem to have lost their willingness to think and act with wisdom. I'm sad and concerned for them.  Very seriously concerned.  My heart feels so heavy.  It has all day. 

Some days are like that.  Some times with God are like that too.

1 comment: