Monday, March 21, 2011

Day 1

I overslept, felt discouraged but got up and enjoyed with Him anyway.  Hope it kicked the devil in the butt!!!!  Spent 40 minutes in my Bible, journal and in prayer that flew by like it was 5.  LOVED it!  IN pressing on with my 2011 theme, “ASK” – I decided to do a mini-word study on passages in the Bible with the word “ask.”  There aren’t tons but enough.  When I exhaust the list of verses with ask in them, I am going to move on the word “cry” or “cry out.” I started in the OT and today I read Psalm 27 and journaled.  David penned this psalm when he was older, most scholars believe it was around the time he was 70 years old. I was struck by the ONE THING he would ask for at this point in his journey of life, the only thing that seems to matter as life wears on – to daily be in the house, or the presence of the Lord.  It’s the only place that soothes a heart that’s breaking when life is beating on it or in David’s case, when eternity seems upfront and personal.  His presence is the safe harbor when conflict ensues and bitterness works overtime to take root within. His Word is the solace when the battle in our mind rages fierce and hope seems to only be thread.  And His mercy and loving-kindness give us courage when staying faithful and peaceful and loving seems nearly impossible.  The presence of the Father ushers in relief, restores perspective and promises sure victory. Ultimately, that’s the ONE THING I want too and yet, the Holy Spirit still beckons me to ask keep asking …. To expect a miracle.  To look for the Lord and taste of His goodness in all things, at all turns.

In my time with Him, I felt compelled to ASK for Him to do something supernatural in someone’s heart and life that is close to me.  I trust Him to show up in mighty ways.  My time set aside for Him was SO good … like water on parched land.

No comments:

Post a Comment