Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day 4 - Stand at the Crossroads and Look

It’s Monday and thus, I was able to have some extended time with God today as Monday is my day off, sort of.  Smile.  It was so good to be with Him and not be in a hurry.  It was rich and it filled me up. 

My continued search for Scriptures with the word “ask” in them took me to Jeremiah 6 today.  I was reading in the Amplified Bible.

“Thus says the Lord, ‘Stand by the roads and look, and ASK for the eternal paths where the good, old way is; then walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls.’  But they said, ‘We will not walk in it.’”

To ask is to inquire or beg. Some versions say “stand in the crossroads” indicating a fork in the road that leaves one with a choice.  And at that moment of deciding which way to go, we are to LOOK or consider the choices and ASK for those paths that keep eternity in focus and lead us to walk in the good way, the pleasant way according to the Hebrew meaning.  As God shows us the good way, we must then choose to walk down that pathway.  It’s easy to be appalled at the people of the Old Testament who said obstinately; “we will not walk there” until I happen to hear my own voice among them responding the same way to the path God shows me.  I think right now I too stand at a crossroad and as I stand, I’m looking as I begin to “beg” for the ancient paths that are good for me.

Let your mercy lead the way, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment